Tuesday, September 11, 2007

British Birds interactive

In December of 2006 I was asked if I would be interested in purchasing a DVD of British Birds representing 100 years of its existence. ‘Depends how much’ I said, about £100 came the reply. I thought about it for a little while, not long in effect, and said ‘Yes’.

Now, said DVD is available, and yes I have purchased a copy (at the subscribers offer price of £75). Currently I’m thinking it’s probably the best £75 I’ve spent on any birding product. The use I’ve made of it thus fair has been extremely rewarding and interesting and every time I access it I still feel the same. Today I’ve just received my first upgrade of enhancements and, to be honest, a few fixes (to problems I had not come across I must admit).

The price is due to creep closer to the £100 mark inbetween now and the end of the year so, if you have a bit of cash to spare, or want that self promised early Christmas present I’d recommend it. Given that British Birds by subscription is now £48 /year how could you not see this as an investment?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home