Sunday, October 14, 2007

NW Bird Fair

Was at the Bird Fair this weekend. Thanks to all of you who came and said hello: it helped to pass the time - for the change of date made it a reasonably quiet affair. (Saturday was only made busy by all the twitchers who came to see the Great Grey Shrike). Thanks too to all of you who signed up to take on a tetrad for the Atlas - makes my job easier.
On Sunday managed to get out and about in the grounds. I resisted the urge to see the beavers but did go and get close up to the Long-Tailed Ducks. Also witnessed the colour-ringed Ruff, as did those in the hide next to me - wonder how many of us bothered to report it? I did although I didn't with the darvic'd NeNe (much better name than Hawaii Goose).
For those of you that didn't manage to make the weekend one thing I should tell you about - the pre-publication offer on the Birds of Lancashire (£30 instead of £40). I'll post details later - all the stuff is still in the boot of the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home