Saturday, January 12, 2008

This pleases me

In a way I'm trying not to analyse to closely this headline has pleased me (23.34hrs on a busy Saturday).

"Environmental group Greenpeace said one of its ships has located the Japanese whaling fleet in the Southern Ocean and is pursuing it". "As long as we are in pursuit, they won't be able to whale".

The Japanese, apparently, are using the excuse that its pursuit of whaling is for scientific purposes. Being a scientist I find this excuse weak, thin and condescending and, if they could put forward a valid reason for continuing I might not find the headline so pleasing. However, they can't so I do.

Reading the article in the Environmental News Network further the article finishes:

Japan has long resisted pressure to stop scientific whaling, insisting whaling is a cherished cultural tradition.

So, why are they whaling again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home